Our client offers business and technical advisory and test services to national and international Transmission System Operators, Distribution Network Operators as well as technology providers. This team supports our customers with the transition towards the smart grid. One of the standards that will facilitate the transition towards smarter grids is the IEC 61850 standard, together with other important standards and protocols like IEC 60870-5-101/104 and DLMS. Our client is the global thought leader in providing software test tools and test services for these standards and also provides related advisory services and trainings.
As a Junior Software Engineer / Developer you will develop and maintain the test tool software. In addition, you will be trained in the aforementioned standards and the Quality Assurance guidelines (test procedures, test cases, etc.).
You will be working in a small team or individually on client-oriented solutions with a commercial approach in the customer’s organization. The work will be carried out in the Netherlands (software development) and internationally (when required by customers) in collaboration with our client and our clients clients’ experts and consultants.
The position allows you to acquire detailed knowledge that might be leveraged towards advisory projects or further training.
Position Qualifications – What we’re asking for
- a secondary vocational education or a bachelor degree in IT, Telecommunication or Electrical Engineering and you would like to become an expert in this field;
- 0 – 2 years of experience in the area of software development (C#, C++ and C), data communication protocols, tele/data communication networks;
- excellency in English and Dutch (both verbally and in writing);
- You are commercial, client-oriented and have a flexible attitude;
- Teamwork, goal orientation and perseverance come naturally to you.
What our client offers
- A challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment.
- You will be part of a larger team of about 200 committed professionals.
- Your home office will be our office in Arnhem (NL).
- We offer you plenty of opportunities for personal growth, according to our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
- Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Company & Business Area Description
Our client is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by their purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, they enable their customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
They provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. They also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, they empower their customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. They continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, their experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Our client delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Their expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Their experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
How to apply:
Do you want to work for our client? Then send your resume and motivation letter referring to Junior Software Engineer to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about this vacancy you can contact us by phone at tel. 055-2070727.